Transforming Lawyers Into
Rainmakers & Leaders
Business and leadership development for law firms and lawyers.
Transforming Lawyers Into
Rainmakers & Leaders
Business and leadership development for law firms and lawyers wanting to make their business thrive.
Founder of The Lawyer’s Edge
Elise brings to her work a deep understanding of the practice of law and the challenges lawyers face.
The result: Programs that help lawyers and law firms bring in more revenue, communicate and collaborate more effectively, and build a workplace culture that enables you to retain your clients and top talent for the long term.
Former practicing attorney with Am Law 100 firms
JD, Columbia Law School
Senior Editor of the Columbia Law Review
Coaching, consulting, and training exclusively for
lawyers and law firms since 2008
Credentialed by the International Coach Federation
Master Certified TypeCoach Professional
Accredited Partner, Smart Collaboration™ Accelerator
The Lawyer’s Edge
How We Help
The Lawyer’s Edge helps law firms grow thriving businesses.
We Help Lawyers:
- Build a book of business
- Develop stronger client relationships and create new ones
- Increase confidence
- Become a recognized expert in their field
- Navigate leadership roles such as practice group leader or managing partner
- Communicate and collaborate more effectively to drive better results and reduce stress
We Help Law Firms:
- Increase their bottom line
- Develop a culture that helps attract and retain talent
- Operate more effectively and efficiently
- Engage in succession planning to prepare the next generation of leaders and rainmakers
- Integrate lateral hires so they produce results and stay with the firm
- Reduce stress and conflict among co-workers
Our workshops energize and motivate lawyers to be proactive about business development and successfully build their books of business.
We work with individual lawyers and law firms of all sizes. Lawyers Making Rain™, our signature group business development program:
- Takes the mystery out of business development
- Addresses common obstacles like being too busy or not
- Helps lawyers find an approach that works for them
- Drives concrete results so the firm can meet its objectives
“With [Elise’s] expertise, I have bloomed from a one-person startup with no real direction to the firm of my dreams, with the practice I want and the clients that I deserve. She’s smart, funny, supportive, and gets the unique challenges faced by lawyers.”
— Heather Keith,
Esq., Keith Family Law
“I want to convey my immense gratitude for all of the hard work you put into developing the training sessions that you delivered at Lowenstein Sandler over the last three weeks! You were a pleasure to collaborate with, demonstrating a high degree of engagement in helping us message all the right points and tailoring the program to the various audiences at the Firm. Your instincts about where and what to tweak for different audiences were spot on. Working with you on this has been a rewarding and pleasant experience.”
Director of Career Development
Communication & Team Dynamics
We help your team improve communication skills, develop a common language, and reduce stress, conflict, and turnover.
Our Tools Include:
Our women-led leadership programs empower women lawyers to define ambitious career goals, step confidently into leadership roles, and rise to the top of the profession.
Led by a female lawyer—one who experienced first-hand while at Am Law 100 firms what it means to define a career in law as a woman—our programs offer actionable solutions.
Programming is tailored to your firm’s needs and uses group discussions, panels, and self-reflection to generate actionable insights.
Strategic planning sessions
On-site or virtual programming
The Lawyer’s Edge coaching program provides ongoing accountability, guidance, and support so you can achieve your goals quickly—and with less stress.
Coaching helps lawyers leverage opportunities and tackle obstacles and may be used as a supplement to our group programs to drive concrete action.
Fun and inspirational with practical, actionable insights — all delivered by someone who has been there before.
Elise’s speaking credits include law firms of every size, bar associations, law schools, and other affinity organizations.
The Lawyer’s Edge Podcast covers the topics they didn’t teach you in law school, such as:
- What it really takes to build a book of business
- How to keep your best people from leaving
- What keeps your clients coming back
- How to be resilient—and successful—in times of crisis and adversity
- How to keep your cool when working with difficult people
- How to make sure you’re not one of the 50% of lateral hires that fail
Elise sits down with successful attorneys, legal marketing specialists, business leaders, and authors to talk about how lawyers and law firms can grow and sustain healthy, profitable businesses. Guests include lawyers and leaders from: