Allison Williams is the CEO and Founder of Law Firm Mentor, a company that provides business coaching to help law firm owners become more efficient, increase revenue, and build successful firms. Allison is also the Founder of Williams Law Group, which grew to become a multimillion-dollar company in just three and a half years.
Allison has received many accolades, including the LawFirm500 award, ranking 14th among the fastest-growing law firms in the nation, and she was voted NJBIZ’s Top 50 Women in Business. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, is certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Matrimonial Law Attorney, and is certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy in Family Law.
The motto of Law Firm Mentor is #NeverStopGrowing, and Allison intends to help attorneys do just that. While working with solo and small law firm attorneys, Allison helps them get their life back and spend less time with clients by growing their business, putting systems in place to crush chaos, and improving profitability.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Allison Williams discusses the necessary steps for attorneys to grow their small firms
- How can well-known lawyers escape client demands?
- Allison’s advice for gaining more free time while making a bigger profit
- How to successfully transfer your work to another attorney: shift your mindset and banish perfectionism
- Technology’s support of work-life balance, client satisfaction, and business growth
- Allison shares stories of how lawyers’ lives changed (including her own) by implementing processes
- Empowering others to be in their zone of genius
In this episode…
Are you looking to become the CEO of your law firm? Do you want to spend less time in your business and more time on your business?
When your name is on the door, it can be challenging to let go of control. In order to grow, Allison Williams says that you have to shift your mindset. It’s not about taking what you have and handing it over — it’s about training your associates and partners to execute the quality work your clients desire. Once you let go of your ego, prepare your employees and clients for the transition, and banish perfectionism. You’ll be able to focus less on the exhaustive tasks and more on the impact of your business as a whole.
In this episode of The Lawyer’s Edge, Elise Holtzman sits down with Allison Williams, Founder and CEO of Law Firm Mentor, to talk about finding freedom in your business. Allison discusses how systematization, team-centered processes, and effective communication can help you gain more profit while working fewer hours. She also shares stories of how sought-after lawyers escaped the demands of the practice — and how you can, too! Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Elise Holtzman on LinkedIn
- The Lawyer’s Edge
- Allison Williams on LinkedIn
- Law Firm Mentor
- Law Firm Mentor’s Live Intensive Group Coaching Business Retreats
- Law Firm Mentor’s Crushing Chaos Masterclass
- Williams Law Group
- The Secret of Selling Anything: A road map to success for the salesman… who is not aggressive, who is not a “smooth talker,” and who is not an extrovert by Harry Browne
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by The Lawyer’s Edge, a firm based in the New York metropolitan area founded by Elise Holtzman in 2008 to help lawyers become skilled business developers and leaders so that they can grow their practices, retain top talent, and step confidently into leadership roles.
The firm offers customized coaching, consulting, and training programs such as their signature business development program, Lawyers Making Rain.
Now more than ever, it’s not enough to just do good work and hope your law firm will thrive. And no matter how smart and hard-working you are, it can be time-consuming and overwhelming to figure it all out by yourself.