Carrie Fletcher is a leadership and strategy coach with unmatched experience at the intersection of law and leadership. After receiving her law degree from the University of Michigan Law School and practicing at major law firms for 12 years, Carrie decided to switch gears and pursue professional development. She joined Harvard Law School Executive Education, where she was the executive director.
Now, Carrie splits her time between the US and the UK, where she recently earned her Master’s in Leadership and Strategy at The London School of Business. Carrie currently works with law firms, corporate legal departments, and other organizations on their leadership and strategic goals.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Why Carrie Fletcher decided to transition from law to leadership, training, and coaching
- What Carrie does for Harvard Law School Executive Education
- Carrie talks about why leadership skills have increased in demand within the field of law
- The three different categories that Carrie’s clients are most often looking to improve
- What brought about Carrie’s move to London, and how her daughters finally warmed up to the idea
- The challenges and benefits of living, working, and studying abroad
- The difference between taking risks and having a willingness to make big moves
- How to get in touch with Carrie Fletcher
In this episode…
When was the last time you met a challenge with an open mind and relinquished your attachment to control? Even if you don’t consider yourself a risk taker—and most lawyers don’t—there can be serious benefits to stepping outside of your comfort zone and embracing new opportunities.
Leadership and strategy coach Carrie Fletcher has experienced these benefits first hand. After transitioning from a decade-long career in law to a new path in professional development, Carrie has learned how to embrace new opportunities. Now, these opportunities have taken her across the pond, and she is currently living, working, and studying with her family in London.
On this episode of The Lawyer’s Edge, host Elise Holtzman sits down with longtime friend and leadership development rockstar Carrie Fletcher to discuss the importance of keeping an open mind when it comes to your career. Carrie talks about the benefits and challenges that have come with pivoting from law to leadership coaching, uprooting her life from the US to the UK, and stepping out of her comfort zone. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Carrie Fletcher Consulting
- Carrie Fletcher on LinkedIn
- Harvard Law Executive Education
- London Business School
- University of Michigan Law School
- The Lawyer’s Edge
- Lawyers Making Rain
- Elise Holtzman on LinkedIn
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by The Lawyer’s Edge, a firm based in the New York metropolitan area founded by Elise Holtzman in 2008 to help lawyers become skilled business developers and leaders so that they can grow their practices, retain top talent, and step confidently into leadership roles.
The firm offers customized coaching, consulting, and training programs such as their signature business development program, Lawyers Making Rain.
Now more than ever, it’s not enough to just do good work and hope your law firm will thrive. And no matter how smart and hard-working you are, it can be time-consuming and overwhelming to figure it all out by yourself.