Diane DiResta is the Founder of DiResta Communications Inc., which provides keynote speaking, seminars and workshops, and executive speech coaching to elevate executive presence and leadership.
Diane works with leaders who want to show up powerfully and speak with confidence, clarity, and influence, whether one-on-one, on a stage, or on a virtual platform. Through her coaching, Diane teaches the keys to masterful communication and helps clients gain the confidence to influence, lead, and inspire audiences.
Diane is a speech pathologist by training and has spoken on four continents. She’s the author of Knockout Presentations, which has been called “the Bible of public speaking.” Her LinkedIn learning course, “Speaking Confidently and Effectively,” was among the top 20 most popular courses for two years. Diane has been featured on CNN and quoted in publications, including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and The Guardian.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Why is speaking the new competitive advantage?
- Diane DiResta talks about the various forms of public speaking, from presentations to voicemail
- Common fears around public speaking — and how to overcome them
- Tips for taming your nerves, preparing for the presentation, and owning the room
- Using recovery strategies to navigate unexpected situations
- Why are purposeful pauses so valuable?
- How public speaking can help you create impact and connect with others
- The three things all public speakers need to know: themselves, their audience, and their message
In this episode…
Speaking is a critical skill many people should learn but often don’t take the time to do it. We either assume speaking will come naturally or that we lack talent. The reality is we just need the mindset and skill set to quell limiting beliefs and own the room.
Communications expert Diane DiResta says public speaking is one of the most powerful and cost-effective marketing strategies. Lawyers have individual brands and attract business through personal relationships, so effective speaking helps set you apart from the pack. But how do you overcome public speaking fears and use the right tools to engage audiences? Diane has an abundance of knowledge and tips that she’s sharing to help you gain confidence and clarity in your public speaking skills.
In this episode of The Lawyer’s Edge Podcast, Elise Holtzman is joined by Diane DiResta, Founder of DiResta Communications Inc., to share strategies to elevate your public speaking skills and influence your audience. Diane discusses the various forms of public speaking, tips to overcome fears and limitations, and how to navigate unexpected situations during your speech. Diane also talks about the value of storytelling, connection, and a clear message.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Elise Holtzman on LinkedIn
- The Lawyer’s Edge
- Diane DiResta on LinkedIn
- DiResta Communications Inc.
- Knockout Presentations: How to Deliver Your Message with Power, Punch, and Pizzazz by Diane DiResta
- Toastmasters International
Sponsor for this episode…
Today’s episode is brought to you by the Ignite Women’s Business Development Accelerator.
Ignite is an 8-month business development program created by women lawyers for women lawyers.
Ignite is not just a one-off seminar or a series of seminars. It’s a carefully designed business development program containing content coaching and a community of like-minded women who are committed to becoming rainmakers and supporting the retention and advancement of other women in the profession.
To learn more about Ignite, visit thelawyersedge.com/ignite.