Elise Holtzman is an experienced attorney, a certified professional coach, and the Founder of The Lawyer’s Edge, a boutique firm that provides professional development services to individual attorneys and legal organizations.
Elise has a J.D. from Columbia Law School. She practiced commercial real estate transactional law before shifting her focus to empowering lawyers as they navigate their growing careers.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Elise Holtzman talks about the most common fears that lawyers experience when they are just getting started with business development
- How Elise helps lawyers professionally match themselves with the people who need and want their services
- The first step lawyers and law firms should take in business development
- Elise’s time management tip that will help you balance working as both a lawyer and a marketer for your firm
- How to start leveraging technology and social media for business development, no matter your experience level
- Elise discusses how to overcome the fear of networking for introverts
- Where to connect with Elise Holtzman
In this episode…
Do you feel like there’s more you need to do to become a partner at your firm, but you’re unsure of what they are? Are you looking to grow your firm, but aren’t yet comfortable with networking?
Elise Holtzman’s boutique firm, The Lawyer’s Edge, can help you get the solutions to these problems and more. Elise helps both individual attorneys and legal organizations overcome the fears of business development so that they can achieve personal and professional success.
On this episode of The Lawyer’s Edge podcast, Elise Holtzman talks with business networking adviser and Founder of Rise25 and the Smart Business Revolution podcast, John Corcoran, to discuss the business development skills that aren’t covered in law school. They dive into how to use social media to your advantage, the best way to manage your time as both a lawyer and a marketer, and some networking strategies for introverts. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- The Lawyer’s Edge
- The Lawyer’s Edge email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elise Holtzman on LinkedIn
- Smart Business Revolution podcast
- John Corcoran on LinkedIn
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by The Lawyer’s Edge, a firm based in the New York metropolitan area founded by Elise Holtzman in 2008 to help lawyers become skilled business developers and leaders so that they can grow their practices, retain top talent, and step confidently into leadership roles.
The firm offers customized coaching, consulting, and training programs such as their signature business development program, Lawyers Making Rain.
Now more than ever, it’s not enough to just do good work and hope your law firm will thrive. And no matter how smart and hard-working you are, it can be time-consuming and overwhelming to figure it all out by yourself.