Gina Rubel is the President and CEO of Furia Rubel Communications, an award-winning, woman-owned public relations and marketing agency that specializes in high-stakes public relations, reputation management, crisis planning, and incident response support for lawyers and law firms. Gina founded Furia Rubel in 2002, making it the first Pennsylvania marketing and public relations agency with a niche in the legal industry.
Gina has written two books on public relations for lawyers and currently works with clients in 28 states and five countries. She founded and co-chairs the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Law Firm Risk Management Committee and was recently inducted into the College of Law Practice Management as a fellow. Gina is also the host of the popular podcast, On Record PR.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How Gina Rubel went from practicing law to starting her own PR firm, Furia Rubel Communications
- The inspiration behind Gina’s book, Everyday Public Relations for Lawyers
- What is a crisis in the PR world and how should it be handled in the moment?
- Gina’s go-to advice: never say “no comment”
- Elise Holtzman and Gina talk about how to put together a basic crisis management plan
- What small and large businesses need to plan for, if nothing else: cyber attacks
- Internal vs. external communication
- How to connect with Gina Rubel
In this episode…
We’ve all heard this argument before: law is a practice, not a business. There is often a heavy resistance in the legal industry when it comes to marketing and public relations, but, according to Gina Rubel, this can be detrimental to the future of your practice and your present business.
Gina is the President and CEO of Furia Rubel Communications, one of the top legal marketing agencies in Pennsylvania. After starting her career in law as a judicial clerk and later diving into litigation, she noticed that there was a space in the industry that needed to be remedied: communications.
Join Elise Holtzman on this episode of The Lawyer’s Edge as she sits down with Gina Rubel, the President and CEO of Furia Rubel Communications. Gina talks about her transition from a career in law to a career in communications, her strategies for crisis and reputation management, and the importance of internal training when it comes to public relations. Keep listening.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- The Lawyer’s Edge
- The Lawyer’s Edge Podcast
- Furia Rubel Communications
- Gina Rubel on LinkedIn
- Everyday Public Relations for Lawyers, 1st edition by Gina Rubel
- Everyday Public Relations for Lawyers, 2nd edition by Gina Rubel
- The On Record PR Podcast
- The Legal Marketing Association
- Lawyers Making Rain
- Elise Holtzman on LinkedIn
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by The Lawyer’s Edge, a firm based in the New York metropolitan area founded by Elise Holtzman in 2008 to help lawyers become skilled business developers and leaders so that they can grow their practices, retain top talent, and step confidently into leadership roles.
The firm offers customized coaching, consulting, and training programs such as their signature business development program, Lawyers Making Rain.
Now more than ever, it’s not enough to just do good work and hope your law firm will thrive. And no matter how smart and hard-working you are, it can be time-consuming and overwhelming to figure it all out by yourself.