James (Jim) Persing is a former practicing lawyer who has been coaching professionals for more than 20 years. He supports clients through a collaborative process of designing, effectuating, and sustaining change.
Jim married his law experience with his passion for coaching clients in a variety of professions to help others envision, achieve, and maintain success. Much of his work focuses on helping early and mid-career professionals develop their leadership vision and produce positive action. As someone who launched and ran a successful law practice, Jim is a specialist in helping other solo and small-firm attorneys succeed.
In addition to working in the legal profession, Jim works with clients in healthcare, finance, and government agencies. He is a member of the coaching team at The Lawyer’s Edge, and he’s also partnered with BetterUp Coaching, Thrive Partners UK, The Wall Street Coach, Wellspan Health, and more.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Jim Persing talks about the benefits and challenges of working with lawyers and law firms
- Current industry trends that are changing the way lawyers operate
- Why are companies investing more time, energy, and money into providing coaching for their employees?
- The benefits of using an outside coach as opposed to a colleague, spouse, or pushing through on your own
- Jim discusses some of the common topics he covers with small-firm lawyers
- How a coach can hold you accountable and help you follow through with your goals
- Why relationships are a significant factor in emerging leaders’ success
- Jim’s final piece of advice: don’t pass up the opportunity to see your life from a different perspective
In this episode…
Law school doesn’t teach you how to run a practice, develop your business skills, or foster relationships with other lawyers and leaders in your industry. For many lawyers, you have to learn these skills on your own while balancing your law practice, your personal life, and everything in between.
The truth is that you don’t have to go it alone. Working with a coach can help you build on opportunities, see things from a different perspective, and sustain the success you desire. Instead of working tirelessly on your own, a coach brings an unbiased opinion to help you get clear on where you want to be, how to get there, and how to see continued success.
In this episode of The Lawyer’s Edge Podcast, Elise Holtzman is joined by professional coach Jim Persing to talk about the benefits of working with a coach. Jim shares how a coach can help you shift your perspective, illuminate blindspots, and strategize a plan of action. He also discusses the importance of integrating wellness practices into your life, getting intentional with your goals, and tackling new opportunities.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Sponsor for this episode…
Today’s episode is brought to you by the coaching team at The Lawyer’s Edge, a training and coaching firm which has been focused exclusively on lawyers and law firms since 2008.
Each member of The Lawyer’s Edge coaching team is a trained, certified, and experienced professional coach AND either a former practicing attorney or a former law firm marketing and business development professional.
Whatever your professional objectives, our coaches can help you achieve your goals more quickly, more easily, and with significantly less stress.
To get connected with YOUR coach, just email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.