Sarah Nichols is the Founder and Managing Attorney at Nichols Law, P.C. Sarah has over 20 years of experience in HR and employment law and provides effective legal representation to employers and employees alike. Before founding her own firm, Sarah worked at Ogletree Deakins as an Employment Attorney.
Sarah has held many positions in the legal field at firms such as Littler Mendelson P.C., Fisher & Phillips, LLP, and Morrison & Foerster LLP. She has also worked as a Lecturer of Law at UC Berkeley and an Adjunct Fellow at the University of California’s Hastings College of the Law. Sarah is a skilled public speaker, author, coach, and the host of her own podcast, The Women’s Advocate.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Sarah Nichols talks about why most of her clients are women and explains how to attract clients that are right for you
- Sarah shares some takeaways from her podcast, The Women’s Advocate
- Common workplace challenges for women and how to navigate them
- How unconscious biases influence workplace discrimination and inequality
- Why employers should be investing time, energy, and money into building diverse teams
- Sarah’s advice to young women entering the workplace and her tips for learning to advocate for yourself
- The ins and outs of negotiating about salary and the pay gap between men and women
- What inspires Sarah within her job?
In this episode…
The topics of sexism and workplace discrimination are never easy to bring up. If you’re a member of the legal industry, you may have experienced it firsthand — or seen it happen to female colleagues. While it’s easy to feel as though you have no voice, Sarah Nichols is here to change all that.
As a seasoned attorney and the founder of her own employment firm, Sarah helps both employers and employees with cases of wrongful termination, discrimination, and more. She’s a strong advocate for women’s rights and is passionate about helping women navigate complex and frustrating workplace challenges. So, what is Sarah’s advice to women looking to gain confidence and become better advocates for themselves at work?
On this episode of The Lawyer’s Edge, Elise Holtzman sits down with Sarah Nichols, the Founder and Managing Attorney at Nichols Law, P.C., to talk about her strategies for becoming a stronger advocate for yourself in the workplace. Together, they discuss common challenges women face at work, how to effectively negotiate your salary, and why employers need to invest in diverse teams. You won’t want to miss this episode!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- The Lawyer’s Edge
- The Lawyer’s Edge podcast
- Sarah Nichols on LinkedIn
- Nichols Law, P.C.
- The Women’s Advocate podcast
- Lawyers Making Rain
- Elise Holtzman on LinkedIn
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by The Lawyer’s Edge, a firm based in the New York metropolitan area founded by Elise Holtzman in 2008 to help lawyers become skilled business developers and leaders so that they can grow their practices, retain top talent, and step confidently into leadership roles.
The firm offers customized coaching, consulting, and training programs such as their signature business development program, Lawyers Making Rain.
Now more than ever, it’s not enough to just do good work and hope your law firm will thrive. And no matter how smart and hard-working you are, it can be time-consuming and overwhelming to figure it all out by yourself.