Vishal Agnihotri is the Chief Knowledge Officer at Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, a national law firm with over 400 lawyers. Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP delivers a sophisticated legal practice with emphasis in litigation, consumer financial services, environmental law, and much more. As the CKO, Vishal oversees the firm’s knowledge management, legal product management, and research services.
Before joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Vishal held a variety of executive leadership positions, including Chief Knowledge Officer at Akerman LLP and Associate Director of Global Knowledge at KPMG. She has also served as an Advisory Board Member for Rutgers Business School and Bloomberg BNA.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Vishal Agnihotri explains the importance of knowledge management in the legal industry
- How lawyers can use knowledge management to gain a competitive advantage
- The biggest challenge for current legal professionals and how to overcome it
- Why being knowledgeable about technology is often viewed as an ethical obligation
- Vishal shares the long-term benefits of digitizing your workflow
- How the pandemic has impacted the spread and growth of technology in the legal field
- Vishal’s path to becoming a CKO and why she pivoted to technology adoption
- Why you don’t need a legal background to become a knowledge management professional
- Vishal’s biggest piece of advice: identify your audience’s level of understanding about technology, and adjust accordingly
In this episode…
Why does knowledge management matter in the legal industry? How can legal professionals effectively navigate the spread and growth of technology in 2021 and beyond? As Vishal Agnihotri says, it’s all about wielding the right information at the right time.
As a Chief Knowledge Officer in the legal field, Vishal has seen technology grow exponentially in the past two decades. She explains that information is power — as long as you know how to wade through the excess to find the right data. Now, she’s here to share her expertise on knowledge management and explain how you can leverage the information explosion happening at this very moment.
On this exciting episode of The Lawyer’s Edge, Elise Holtzman talks with Vishal Agnihotri, the Chief Knowledge Officer at Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, about how to navigate the spread of technology and information overload in the legal field. They discuss why knowledge management is essential for lawyers, how to adapt to ever-evolving technology, and her tips for leveraging data to gain a competitive advantage in your field. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- The Lawyer’s Edge
- The Lawyer’s Edge podcast
- Vishal Agnihotri on LinkedIn
- Contact Vishal: email@example.com
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Lawyers Making Rain
- Elise Holtzman on LinkedIn
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by The Lawyer’s Edge, a firm based in the New York metropolitan area founded by Elise Holtzman in 2008 to help lawyers become skilled business developers and leaders so that they can grow their practices, retain top talent, and step confidently into leadership roles.
The firm offers customized coaching, consulting, and training programs such as their signature business development program, Lawyers Making Rain.
Now more than ever, it’s not enough to just do good work and hope your law firm will thrive. And no matter how smart and hard-working you are, it can be time-consuming and overwhelming to figure it all out by yourself.